Take a voyage of wildlife discovery through the Ketchikan frontier. Board a special high-speed boat that zips along the coastline for an up-close look at a variety of creatures. In early summer, watch for bears as they emerge from the rainforest to forage on the beach. Later in the season, look for bears near the creek mouths where they feed on arriving salmon. At any time, see the marine mammals and eagles that populate this rich region.
• Wildlife Search: Look for black bears in their natural habitat, as well as eagles, seals, porpoise, orcas and humpback whales.
• High-Speed Cruise: Marvel at the Ketchikan region’s picturesque scenery as the vessel zooms along the shoreline.
• Expert Guide: Get insights on all the action and the wildlife seen at the viewing areas.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Warm layered clothing
• Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed.
• Although bear viewing is the primary objective of this tour, 30 minutes are reserved for watching eagles, whales and other marine life often sighted on the way to and from the bear-viewing area.
• Warm, layered clothing is highly recommended.
• A raincoat, binoculars, snack and bottled water are provided.
• This excursion is available on select sailings; some departures from late July-September may include an approximate 25 minute transfer by bus/van.
Guest minimum age: 5 years old.
Guest maximum weight: 320 pounds.