Delve into the vast riches of Ancient Olympia and its Archaeological Museum on a self-guided, three hour visit. Start with a scenic drive through small villages to the town of Olympia. This journey is specifically geared to those already familiar with the site and those desiring more sightseeing flexibility. Upon arrival, your escort designates a meeting time and place before you venture off to explore.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Ancient Olympia: Rediscover the mystical environs of ancient gods, and historic remnants of the first Olympic Games.
• Archaeological Museum: Explore the wealth of Greek sculpture and other artifacts unearthed during many excavations.
• Self-Guided Visit: Enjoy round-trip transportation and two and a half open-ended hours to explore, shop, or relax at your own pleasure.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges must not select this tour.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in venues.
• Meals, entrance fees, and guide services not included.
• An escort will be on coach to/from Olympia.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately half a mile from coach park to city center in Olympia Town.
• Amount of walking over rocky and uneven surfaces at archeological site at guest's discretion.
• No flash photography or video inside museum.
• Tour provides round trip transportation only to and from port to Olympia.
• Guests failing to meet return coach are responsible for finding their own way back to ship. Guests will have approximately 2.30 hours free time in Olympia town and approx. 30 mins at the shop center.