This accessible, small group Katakolon shore excursion is a memorable way to experience the highlights of this beautiful Greek island. Start by meeting your guide and accessible van to embark on a scenic drive to the first stop of the day, the unforgettable site of the Ancient Olympia. Escorted by your guide, you will explore the ancient ruins and archeological highlights of the site of the original Olympic Games. Among other things, you will see the well-preserved original stadium with its judge's seat and finish line, admire the Temples of Hera and Zeus and visit the House of Nero, the villa that the Roman emperor occupied every four years during the ancient games. Next, your tour continues to the nearby Olympia Archeological Museum, one of most important museums in Greece. This impressive place houses thousands of artifacts recovered during excavations of ancient Olympia and you'll get to experience them firsthand. The last stop of your day will be a traditional Greek farm, Agriturismo Magna Grecia. Here, linger in the beautiful, serene setting as you learn about workings of an olive grove and taste some palate-pleasing locally grown olives.
This tour is designed to be accessible for all, using step-free routes, shorter distances, accessible bathrooms and vehicles equipped with a ramp or lift for easy wheelchair access.
• Experience the history and drama of Ancient Olympia, site of the long-ago Olympic Games, predecessor to today's games.
• Visit the fascinating Olympia Archeological Museum with thousands of artifacts recovered during the excavations of Ancient Olympia.
• Get a behind-the-scenes look at a traditional olive grove and learn how the crop is harvested and prepared for market.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Wheelchair users must be able to self-propel or have a companion to push them.
• The price includes vehicle, tour guide, and entrance tickets.
• As the number of accessible vehicles is extremely limited, guests are encouraged to reserve early. A minimum is required for the tour to operate.
• Combined weight of mobility equipment and guest using it must not exceed 600 pounds; wheelchair cannot be wider than 31 inches wide, longer than 40 inches long and more than 4.2 feet high when in the vehicle.
• Guests wishing to utilize a wheelchair (manual or electric) on this excursion must provide the total dimensions (weight, height, length and width) of the mobility equipment at the time of booking by sending an email to email@example.com