Embark on a rugged island adventure, hiking through rainforest to the crater of a dormant volcano. Drive through the rustic countryside to the base of Mount Liamuiga to begin the 2.5 hour ascent. Discover lush tropical flora—towering trees, tangled vines, beautiful flowers, and more—as you ascend to 3,000 feet above sea level. At the summit, witness amazing panoramic views before making the typically faster (1.5 hour) descent. On return to the base relax and enjoy a light refreshment before returning to your ship.
• Rainforest Trails: Discover tropical flora on the 6-mile hike up and down the slopes of dormant volcano Mount Liamuiga.
• Panoramic Views: On a clear day at 3,000 feet above sea level, sights from the crater include neighboring islands.
• Scenic Transfer: Travel into the countryside to the base of the volcano.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Closed-toe walking or climbing shoes
• Long pants
• Hat and sunglasses
• This is an extremely strenuous hike.
• Light refreshment is included.
• Total hiking distance is about 6 miles. The trail is rough and can be muddy or slippery. Guests should be physically fit with no balance or stability issues.
• Guests visiting this location do so at their own risk. Please note that this tour location includes inherent and natural dangers that should be appreciated before agreeing to participate in the excursion. The remote location of this tour is not in close proximity to any emergency and/or support infrastructure. Make certain you are aware of these risks before purchase.
• This tour is not recommended for guests with pre-existing medical conditions such as cardiac, respiratory or orthopedic conditions, including joint injuries or disease, or any other serious medical condition. Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving water based activities. Guests should consider their swimming ability when selecting tours involving water based activities.