Explore the birthplace of the Renaissance on a guided tour of Florence's historical landmarks and renowned museums and enjoy a traditional Florentine meal. Visit Accademia Museum, where you'll view Michelangelo's "David" statue, and paintings by Renaissance masters. Behold one of Europe's largest cathedrals in Piazza del Duomo, then fill up on tasty Italian cuisine at a local restaurant. See the gothic Church of Santa Croce and Ponte Vecchio before spending 45 minutes roaming freely.
• Michelangelo's David: Marvel at this monumental masterpiece in the Accademia Museum, and see the extensive collection of Renaissance paintings.
• Piazza Del Duomo: Marvel at the colossal cathedral, the baptistery, and Giotto's bell tower in this enthralling European square.
• Church of Santa Croce: Visit the Florentine gothic cathedral, burial place for Italian monarchs, then explore independently for 45 minutes.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light clothing
• Conservative attire required
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles over even and cobblestone streets with 10-15 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Church of Santa Croce closed on Sundays during special events and mass services.
• If church is closed, guides give commentary outside; guests then enter quietly on their own.
• Accademia Museum closed on Mondays; Palazzo Vecchio or Museo dell' Opera will be substituted.
• No exposed shoulders or knees.
• Guests will be provided with a map, headsets, and emergency contact numbers during bus ride, and bottled water once in Florence.
• Guests failing to meet return bus are responsible for finding their own way back to ship.
• Tour sequence may vary.