Experience Maui’s massive and unique landmark, Haleakala Volcano, from its highest point. The ascent through the park takes you through the incredibly diverse scenery, from subtropical forest to the deep hues of the cinder deserts, and finally, to the summit of dormant volcano more than 10,000 feet above sea level. Marvel at the distinctive appearance and massive size of the crater – 21 miles around – and take in the panoramic views. Tour includes lunch.
• Haleakala Crater: Thrill to panoramic views and desert-like landscapes at the summit of the volcano that last erupted in 1790.
• Diverse Landscapes: The scenic two-hour drive up the Haleakala volcano passes through multiple ecological zones.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Sweater or jacket
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests with conditions that may be affected by high altitude should not select this tour.
• Weather conditions can vary greatly in the park; prepare accordingly and please be advised that ideal visibility conditions cannot be guaranteed.
• Temperatures at altitude can be much cooler, guests are advised to dress accordingly and layers are recommended.