Feel your worries dissolve as the tropical island of Maui unfolds before you while on a two-hour catamaran sail that packs in plenty of postcard-worthy scenery, possible whale sightings, plus hors d'oeuvres and cocktails aplenty. At the dock in Lahaina you'll meet a professional captain and attentive crew who welcome you aboard a sailing catamaran. As you drift away from shore, the crew will unfurl the sails and you'll be swept along the western coast of Maui, admiring white-sand beaches fringed by swaying palm trees and luxury hotels. Hear tales about the sailors who took leave here in Lahaina and the historic whaling operation that once thrived in the mid-1800s. During season, which is December through May, this is one of the best spots in the world to glimpse humpback whales — so keep your eyes peeled for their signature fluke. As day fades to evening, you'll delight in a delectable spread of finger foods — grilled teriyaki chicken, crispy pot stickers, hummus and crudité, meatballs and more. Wash it all down with a Hawaiian-style Mai Tai, bubbly champagne, or a Maui Brewing Company beer — all while witnessing the evening sky turn pink and orange as the sun sets below the horizon in the distance.
• Lahaina: Set sail on a catamaran helmed by a seasoned captain who steers you across deep-blue waters offshore.
• Maui: Embrace the seafaring history of this Hawaiian island, with the chance to see humpback whales swimming beside the boat.
• Onboard inclusions: Watch a spectacular sunset while nibbling on hors d'oeuvres and sipping on local beer and Mai Tai cocktails.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Rubber-soled shoes
• Jacket or sweater
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 25 yards over paved surfaces, with inclines and about 5 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests must sign a waiver form to participate.
• Guests will be required to remove their shoes when boarding the catamaran.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.