Enjoy a half-day tour discovering the delights of South Beach’s Art Deco District on foot, plus capture Miami’s highlights on a leisurely panoramic drive. Your coach tour takes you past Freedom Tower in downtown, arrival point for thousands of Cuban refugees the 1960s through the early 1970s. Entering the heart of the city, make your way along Brickell Avenue, Miami’s financial and commercial district. Then venture to the eclectic village of Coconut Grove, known for its fine restaurants, quaint cafés and fabulous shopping. Continuing west, enjoy a scenic drive through the peaceful, tree-lined streets of Coral Gables, an exclusive historic community in which developer and visionary George Merrick created unique, themed villages. Have your camera ready while passing a number of architectural treasures, including the Biltmore Hotel, The Colonnade and City Hall. Before crossing the causeway, drive through Little Havana the cultural and political center of the Cuban community. In South Beach, continue your tour on foot in the Art Deco District. Join your knowledgeable guide for a stroll among the largest collection of Art Deco architecture in the world — more than 800 buildings. Admire the crisp geometric lines and patterns, vibrant colors and simple-yet-sophisticated shapes dominating the magnificent hotels and apartments dating back to the Roaring Twenties. After, enjoy half an hour on your own to shop, people watch and explore.
• Miami highlights: Enjoy a scenic drive through downtown and the Financial District, laidback Coconut Grove, beautiful Coral Gables and Little Havana.
• Art Deco walking tour: Admire the pastel-hued architecture of South Beach — the largest collection of such buildings in the world.
• Free time South Beach: People watch while sipping a drink at an outdoor café, browse the shops or stroll famous Ocean Drive — it’s all up to you.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Bottled water
What To Wear:
• Comfortable clothes
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• The walking tour is approximately 45 minutes on flat and paved terrain.