Climb Jamaica's most famous landmark, followed by free time to shop for gifts and souvenirs on your way back to the ship. Your six-hour adventure begins with a scenic ride from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios. From there you'll make your way to Dunn's River Falls, where you'll join hands for an exhilarating climb up the natural stone staircase. (Be prepared to get wet.) Your climbing guide will take you along the best route and point out the many cool plunge pools you can slide into as you journey upwards. The Falls measure about 180 feet tall and 600 feet long; imagine the views you'll see when you reach the top!
Don't wish to climb the waterfall? No problem. You can still watch the action from the observation deck adjacent to the falls. After, head to a local restaurant to purchase lunch featuring mouth-watering traditional Jamaican dishes. Then enjoy some free time on your own to shop and explore.
• Dunn's River Falls: The waterfalls are terraced, like giant natural stairs, measuring about 180 feet tall and 600 feet long. Climb to the top, or see the falls from the adjacent observation deck.
• Lunch and Shopping: Purchase a traditional lunch at a local restaurant, plus shop for gifts and souvenirs before heading back.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Change of clothes
• Towel (from ship)
• Insect repellent What To Wear:
• Swimsuit and cover-up
• Hat and sunglasses
• Water shoes or rubber-soled, close-toed shoes (required) Important Notes:
• Ride from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios is 1.5 hours each way.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Climbing Dunn's River Falls is an optional activity requiring physical agility.
• This tour is a strenuous hiking activity.
• Children under 6 years old may find it difficult to climb the waterfall.
• While climbing the Falls, guests are required to wear aqua shoes and hold hands with others in your group.
• Aqua shoes are available for purchase in the gift shop onboard or for purchase/rent at the Falls.
• The water-covered rocks in the Falls are slippery and extreme caution must be used at all times; you are supporting others while making the climb. There is a high risk of slips and falls.
• Due to the popularity of this site, expect to wait in long lines to enter with large crowds encountered once in the Falls. Your patience is appreciated.
• Due to time constraints, guests may not be able to climb to the top of the Falls and may do a partial climb instead.
• Stop at the beach for lunch is time and weather permitting.