Prepare to take your senses on a journey all their own, as you experience the sights, sounds, aromas and flavors of Mykonos Town. Your adventure starts out on foot alongside a friendly and informative guide through narrow, cobblestone streets of this picturesque Cycladic village. As you pass whitewashed houses, the historic Panagia Paraportiani church complex and stunning Cycladic architecture along bougainvillea-lined pathways, you’ll learn about the rich heritage behind the area. A stop in a neighborhood pastry shop along the way lands you a taste of the city’s signature sweet “amygdalota” almond biscuits and “soumada” beverage. Then hop in a motor coach to Assimomitis Winery & Vineyards, where you’ll meet the owner and hear of the region’s wine producing culture. You’ll also sample three different types of wine – red, white and sweet varietals – paired with a selection of homemade bread, cheese and local meats. This is a tantalizing adventure for even the most discerning gourmand.
• Guided Walking Tour: Trek on foot through picturesque Mykonos Town and past stunning Cycladic architecture, churches and whitewashed abodes.
• Local Cuisine: Sample the village’s signature almond biscuits and almond-flavored drink in a tucked-away pastry shop.
• Wine Tasting: Learn about the region’s wine-producing traditions and enjoy sips of three different types of wines, plus local snacks.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1,400 yards over cobblestone surfaces and climb 3 steps.
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• Electric scooters and foldable wheelchairs are not suitable for this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Headsets are included on this tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Consider dietary restrictions and food allergies when selecting tour.