Visit two of the region's best wildlife research sanctuaries on your eco-tour and experience Australian’s wildlife in a natural environment. You’ll enjoy up close encounters with fascinating birds, free-ranging kangaroos and other wildlife at the Serendip Open Range Sanctuary located in the ruggedly beautiful bushlands. The You Yangs Regional Park introduces you to 200 bird species along with koalas and kangaroos, magnificent views and bushwalks.
• Serendip Open Range Sanctuary: Watch free-ranging Eastern Grey kangaroos and other species that call this ruggedly beautiful bushland home.
• You Yangs Regional Park: See 200 bird species along with koalas and kangaroos, and enjoy magnificent views and bushwalks.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Rain gear
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
• Temperatures can range from 5 degrees - 35 degrees Celsius (40 degrees - 95 degrees Fahrenheit).
• Guests walk 2 miles over uneven grassed unpaved areas and natural bush surroundings.
• Guests with mobility issues should not select tour.
• There is one short climb to an Aboriginal Cultural site.
• A 10 yards rise to a lookout occurs with about a 1:4 gradient.
• The four walks are 200 yards (total walking time is a 1.5 hours).