Discover the rich 17th- and 18th-century history of Aix-en-Provence, on a guided walk through this charming university town. Following a scenic drive you will arrive in Aix, the former capital of Provence. Stroll along the tree-lined Cours Mirabeau, and gaze at elegant mansions and cascading fountains, on your way toward the cobblestone streets of the Old Town. Enjoy free time to shop and explore Aix, at your leisure.
• Aix-en-Provence: Experience Aix's rich historical character, on a guided walk along cobblestone streets, past elegant mansions and cascading fountains.
• Aix At Your Leisure: Enjoy free time to shop and independently explore the city's 17th- and 18th-century architecture.
• Scenic Drive: Take in views on the bus ride between Marseille and Aix-en-Provence. Drive on the motorway!
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk for some distance over cobblestone surfaces.
• Shops are closed on Sundays and bank holidays.
• There is approximately a 45-minutes drive, each way, between Marseilles and Aix-en-Provence, depending on traffic.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.