Spend the day Avignon, walking in popes’ footsteps on a guided walking tour of some of Europe’s best-preserved medieval architecture. Tour the staggering Palace of the Popes, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the dining room, kitchen, courtyards, chapels and chambers with ornate frescoes and tiles. Discover renowned local wines, including Châteauneuf-du-Pape. See the remains of Pont d’Avignon, the famous 12th-century bridge. Plus enjoy free time in Avignon to shop and explore. Highlights:
• Rich papal history: In 1309, the papacy moved from Rome to Avignon, remaining there until 1409.
• Pont d’Avignon: See the four arches that remain of this 12th-century bridge, which used to reach across the Rhone River.
• Free time: Enjoy an hour and half on your own in the city center to shop and further explore.What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoesImportant Notes:
• Tour includes extensive walking (about 1.5 miles) on uneven and cobblestone surfaces.
• Palace of the Popes has about 200 steps and no wheelchair access.
• Shops are closed on Sundays and national holidays.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical
condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.