Bring the family and discover the charms of Cassis on a full-day excursion, including a short walk to the port , you can enjoy beach time on your own. Wind along the panoramic road of La Gineste on a dramatic drive leading over a mountain ridge. Marvel at how Cassis, a former Roman trading post, is set at the base of the towering Cap Canaille, one of the highest cliffs in Europe. Once in town, take the petit train (little tourist train) to the Vieux Port .
Then enjoy a few hours on your own to explore. Enjoy delicious Provençal cuisine at one of the recommended cafés along the pier. Walk along quaint narrow streets, stopping to browse a shop or boutique. Or spend some time basking in the sun on a pretty, pebbly beach. For an additional cost, you can take an amazing boat ride through the calanques, dramatic-looking inlets known as Mediterranean fjords — imagine looking straight up at sheer white cliffs as you make your way along the water.
• Charming Cassis: Take time to discover the colorful harbor, pier lined with cafés and shops, and beautiful, pebbly beaches.
• Calanques: Carved into the mountainside, these dramatic-looking inlets are known as Mediterranean fjords.
• Cap Canaille: This cliff overlooking Cassis is one of Europe’s highest and has served as a sailor’s landmark for millennia.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Swimsuit and cover-up or light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Change of clothes
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Tour not appropriate for guests with limited mobility.
• Shops may be closed on Sundays and national holidays.
• The boat trip to the Calanques is an additional cost.