Embark on an exhilarating trek, as you head outside of Fort De France and into Martinique’s dense rainforest for a journey past striking waterfalls. Set out on foot alongside an expert guide across tropical jungle terrain and trails. Identify botanical plants and encounter native wildlife along the Absalon walking loop.
• Guided Hike: Trek on foot alongside an expert guide through Martinique’s dense rainforest terrain and along winding trails.
• Absalon: Enjoy a dynamic hike through this jungle walking loop, where you can identify tropical plants and encounter island wildlife.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Waterfall is dependent on the amount of rainfall that area has recently been experienced in the area.
• Guests wade through the river in shoes which will become wet and muddy.