Trek across Silvestri Spent Craters at Europe's tallest active volcano, before visiting a charming Sicilian resort town. Stand 6,000 feet above sea level as you walk around solidified lava streams and volcanic cones at Mount Etna's Silvestri Spent Craters. Savor a Sicilian lunch in charming Taormina before visiting its ancient Greek theater, where open-air concerts are still held. Spend 45 minutes free time exploring the medieval alleys and shops along cobblestoned Corso Umberto.
• Mount Etna: Journey 6,000 feet high to the rim of massive Silvestre Spent Craters, atop Europe's tallest active volcanic mountain.
• Taormina: Visit the seaside ancient Greek theater - still hosting music concerts - see Palazzo Corvaja and enjoy lunch with scenic views.
• Corso Umberto: Admire medieval arches and alleyways, and peruse the charming shops along the cobblestoned pedestrian thoroughfare.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash (Euros) /credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests with heart diseases and/or high blood pressure must not select this tour. Pregnant women and guests with neck/back problems must not select this tour.
• Guests will be at high altitudes (over 6,000 feet) throughout tour. Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over uneven, cobblestone and gravel surfaces with inclines and many steps.
• Visit to Greek-Roman Theater involves steps. In Taormina guests may be required to negotiate approximately 140 steps at parking lot when venue is crowded.
• Guests must be able to walk uphill for approximately 1000 feet on uneven terrain at Silvestri Spent Craters.
• No restrooms at Silvestri Spent Craters.
• Foreign currencies not accepted on this tour.
• Participation limited; tour uses 15-passenger minibuses.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• Navigator of the Seas: Tour only for guests debarking in port of Civitavecchia.