Experience the coastal charms of Taormina on a four-hour, accessible small-group tour that lets you stroll the Corso Umberto, enter the Duomo church, plus relish sweeping views of the Bay of Naxos from a hilltop overlook. Enjoy a scenic ride in a wheelchair-accessible sightseeing van that brings you into the heart of Taormina's historic city center. Explore the Corso Umberto, an ancient thoroughfare dating back to the original Greco-Roman ages that now serves as a pedestrian promenade flanked by artisan shops and fine restaurants. Visit Piazza IX Aprile to admire the 12th-century bell tower and volcanic Mount Etna looming in the distance. In the center of Piazza Duomo, you'll gaze upon the fortress-like exterior, ogival windows, and Baroque fountain bubbling outside the 13th-century Duomo cathedral. Then enter inside for a closer glimpse of its pink marble columns and oil-painted Byzantine Madonna icon. For an even better view of the city, you'll head to a nearby cliffside viewpoint to take in a glorious panorama of church spires, red-tiled roofs, and the deep-blue Bay of Naxos.
• Corso Umberto: Get lost in the romance of the quaint shops and clock tower found along this main street promenade.
• Piazza Duomo: Grand marble columns, impressive oil paintings and Baroque details await you in a 13th-century cathedral.
• Bay of Naxos: Enjoy an accessible stop that includes panoramas of the city and coastline from a prime vantage point.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• This tour is designed to be accessible for all guests.
• This tour is designed to use the most wheelchair accessible routes possible. This includes step-free routes, shorter distances and no stairs.
• Accessible restrooms with wide doors for wheelchairs are present along the tour route.
• The vehicle used on this excursion is adapted with an access ramp (or lift where available) to accommodate a limited number of wheelchairs and/or mobility scooters.
• Guides are not allowed to push wheelchairs. Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Lunch/snack costs are not included.
• The number of accessible vehicles is extremely limited. Guests are encouraged to make their accessible shore excursion reservations as far in advance as possible.
• Guests wishing to utilize a wheelchair (manual or electric) on this excursion must provide the total dimensions (height, length and width) and weight of the electric scooter or wheelchair at the time of booking to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Combined weight of guest and mobility equipment should not exceed maximum weight of 800 pounds.