The city-center of Havana is jam-packed with timeworn fortresses, grandiose government buildings, historic squares, notable cemeteries and a vibrant local arts and handicrafts scene. On this four-hour bus ride you’ll see them all and more with an exciting exploration of Cuba’s capital city. You’ll begin at Morro Castle, a stately fortress named after three Biblical magi, before admiring Cuban sculptor Jilma Madera’s Cristo de la Habana statue, which keeps watch over the bay. At the 18th-century La Cabana, you’ll see the third largest citadel in the Americas. Enjoy a passing glimpse of El Capitolio, an imposing building that served as the seat of Cuban government until 1959, and then stop for photos in Plaza de la Revolucioon, site of many Cuban political rallies and Fidel Castro speeches. During your walking portion through the Colon Cemetery, You’ll hear of the country’s famous filmmakers, politicians and baseball players in their final resting place. After a drive down the seaside esplanade of El Malecoon, you’ll arrive at Almacenes San Jose, a market where you can shop for leather goods, ceramics, ornamental items, art, and other handicrafts.
• Old Havana: While traveling by bus you’ll see harbor-front Morro Castle, 18th-century La Cabana fortress and the National Capitol Building.
• Havana history: Enjoy a photo stop at sprawling Revolution Square before visiting Colon Cemetery’s more than 500 mausoleums.
• Cuban culture: Discover the Christ of Havana statue, cruise along El Malecon esplanade and shop in the Almacenes San Jose market.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card, passport and Visa
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Light clothing
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• There are 42 steps at the pier that will need to be taken to meet tour guide and bus.
• One bottle of Evian Water will be provided to each guest.
• The Almacenes San Jose are closed the first Monday of each month, this portion of the program will be replaced with another shopping venue.
• Duration of the tour has been extended for you to enjoy the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Habana Vieja, at your leisure.
• Due to Cuban tour logistics, departure times may change when arriving on your ship.
• When raining or other adverse weather conditions, a panoramic bus tour may be substituted for part or all of the tour.