Discover the Azores' Portuguese history and explore its natural wonders. In Ribeira Grande, one of the region's oldest towns, see examples of Portuguese influence in its 17th- and 18th-century Baroque architecture. After a scenic drive along hilly roads to the summit of Pico da Barrosa Mountain, gaze at majestic Fire Lake, set in a vast volcanic crater. Then head to a pineapple plantation and learn how these sweet, tropical fruits are cultivated and harvested.
• Ribeira Grande: See beautiful Baroque architecture with a strong Portuguese influence in one of the Azores' oldest towns.
• Fire Lake: From the summit of Pico da Barrosa Mountain, see this majestic lake in a volcanic crater.
• Pineapple Plantation: Discover how these tropical fruits are cultivated and harvested on a visit to Abelheira.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Camera Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Light clothing Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 400 yards over varied surfaces and climb 5-10 stairs.
• Due to weather changes, fog could impact the visibility of the sites or surroundings.