Strap up your boots and grab your sense of adventure, we’re heading out on a spectacular journey on foot through the Azores’ stunning natural landscapes. After a 30-minute drive across São Miguel island, we’ll arrive at Vista do Rei, a breathtaking viewpoint considered one of the seven wonders of Portugal, famous for its magnificent views of the Sete Cidades caldera. Also called the King’s View, from here we’ll not only be awed by panoramic views of two dazzling alpine lakes, but also begin our two-hour moderate-level hike at the nearby trailhead. Set out alongside an expert guide across steep pathways, passing the 3-mile-wide crater and verdant forest environs dappling the island’s western coast. Along the way, hear the fascinating geothermal and geographical history of the region while identifying native flora and fauna. The trek concludes at the quaint village of Sete Cidades on the western edge of Blue Lake, where we’ll enjoy a 15-minute cool down before being transported back to port.
• Vista do Rei: Be awed by a breathtaking view of the Sete Cidades caldera and its glimmering alpine lakes.
• Guided Hike: Set out on foot across mountain trails on a two-hour, moderate-level journey past a 3-mile-wide crater.
• Sete Cidades: Refresh your senses with a brief respite in this charming village before being transported back to port.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellant
• Bottle of water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Long pants
• Wind/water resistant jacket
- Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
- Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour particularly tours categorized as strenuous.
- Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be at least 12 years of age to participate in this tour.
• This tour can be done on a private basis exclusively for very small groups.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1,281 yards (2.5 hours) over inclines and declines.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• Due to weather changes, fog could impact the visibility of the sites or surroundings.