Discover the extraordinary natural wonders of the Azores, when you take a scenic drive to Sete Cidades and see two magnificent lakes-one blue and one green-nestled in the vast crater of an extinct volcano. At the renowned Antonio Borges Botanical Garden, see the impressive collection of European and tropical tree and plant varieties. Then visit a pineapple plantation in Abelheira to learn about how these sweet fruits are cultivated and harvested.
• Sete Cidades: Gaze at two lakes-one blue and one green-nestled within the crater of an extinct volcano.
• Antonio Borges Botanical Garden: Explore gardens overflowing with a great variety of European and tropical trees and vegetation.
• Pineapple Plantation: Discover how these tropical fruits are cultivated and harvested in Abelheira.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .5 miles over varied surfaces and climb 5-10 stairs.
• Due to weather changes, fog could impact the visibility of the sites or surroundings.