Explore the rich Portuguese heritage and abundant natural wonders of the Azores on this guided excursion to Ribeira Grande and the Furnas Valley. One of the oldest towns in the Azores, Ribeira Grande showcases Baroque architecture with a strong Portuguese flavor. In the Furnas Valley at Terra Nostra Garden, admire tree varieties from all over the world, a serpentine canal and scenic grottoes. At Furnas Hot Springs, see the 22 naturally occurring steamy thermal springs.
• Ribeira Grande: See beautiful Baroque architecture, with a strong Portuguese influence, in one of oldest towns in the Azores.
• Terra Nostra Garden: Stroll through grounds featuring trees from all over the world, a serpentine canal and grottoes.
• Furnas Hot Springs: See the 22 steamy thermal springs that occur naturally in the Furnas Valley.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Camera Cash/credit cards Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .75 miles over varied surfaces and climb 15-105 stairs.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German and Portuguese.
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.
• Due to weather changes, fog could impact the visibility of the sites or surroundings.
• Swimming at the Furnas Hot Springs is not included in the tour contents.