Get close to the rugged beauty of the Tramuntana Mountains via SuperFour, an individual all-wheel-drive vehicle. Designed for full time wheelchair user guests, SuperFours are driven by just using a joystick. Oscillating seats ensure safe ascents and descents while taking in the mountains of Mallorca. Enjoy an easy, 90-minute ride in the Public Estate of Galatzó, in the heart of the Tramuntana Mountains, venturing along three completely accessible hiking trails. Admire orchards, gardens and olive groves which form the terraced agricultural landscape and feature interconnected waterworks, including water mills. The area is UNESCO World Heritage site, a great example of the interchange between Muslim and Christian cultures over the centuries. The ancient farm units and archeological sites you will see are the unique results of Arabic water harvesting and management and agricultural know-how from Christians, creating a sustainable environment in an area with scarce natural resources.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Accessible hiking: Enjoy a 90-minute hike in the mountains via an accessible 4x4 vehicle designed for full time wheelchair user guests; water and snacks provided.
• Get close to nature: Admire a unique terraced landscape featuring orchards, gardens and olive groves while driving through rough terrain.
• UNESCO World Heritage site: See how Arabic water management and Christian agricultural practices shaped the landscape over the centuries.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Comfortable clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Closed-toe shoes
• Activity suitable only for guests with learning, sensory and physical disabilities and their able bodied companions. (Some exceptions may apply for C7 and lower.)
• The 4x4 can only be driven by the guest in the wheelchair.The guests accompanying the wheelchair user will do the hiking.
• Tour is wheelchair accessible; ramps and restroom available.
• Maximum six guests for tour (two wheelchair users for the transfer and four with physical or visual disabled for the activity).
• The maximum weight per vehicle is 140 kg (about 308 pounds).
• Minimum age is 4 years.
• Maximum weight per guest is 120 kg (about 265 pounds).
• The drive to/from activity is .5 hours.
• This tour is designed for those guests who are full-time wheelchair users. Space permitting, we will try to accommodate guests with walking difficulties, those unable to handle steps or extended periods of walking or standing. The vehicle used on this excursion is adapted with an access ramp (or lift where available) to accommodate a limited number of wheelchairs. In order to use the ramp and/or lift, guests must be seated in a wheelchair or scooter. Due to liability issues, participants cannot stand on the ramp to be lifted into the vehicle. Tour must be booked in advance of the cruise in order to secure equipment and departure time. Guests interested in this tour must contact in advance of the cruise the Shore Excursion Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to review full details on this tour and availability. Guests wishing to utilize a wheelchair (manual or electric) on this excursion must provide the total dimensions (height, length and width) and weight of the electric scooter or wheelchair at the time of booking to email@example.com. Use of a motorized scooter is not guaranteed on this excursion.
• Please note that this information is subject to change and availability is not guaranteed. This tour has a maximum of 2 full time wheelchair user guests plus 5 companions.