A visit to charming Georgetown reveals Malaysia's mixed heritage and local products industry. Your tour showcases the Clan Jetties, These ‘water villages’, set up more than a century ago built on stilts joined by wooden walkways over the water and Pinang Peranakan Mansion, where Baba guides detail meanings behind carvings, designs, and paintings. You'll marvel at Majestic Khoo Kongsi, the most beautiful Chinese Clan House outside of China. Conclude with great shopping for beautiful Malaysian products.
• Georgetown Gems: Visit Reclining Buddah, on morning calls, or visit the Clan Jetties, on evening calls; Pinang Peranakan Mansion, antiques storehouse; Majestic Khoo Kongsi.
• Shopping: Visit a local product shop to browse or buy one of the many locally made products.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Tour involves 100 yards walking over flat, cobblestone surfaces; and some steps.
• Sequence of tour may change to avoid overcrowding at venues.
• Guests with mobility issues should not select this tour.
• For evening voyages, please note this tour will NOT visit the Reclining Buddah, it will visit the Clan Jetties instead.