Come hungry and prepare your tastebuds for a delectable journey around Quebec City’s Old Port district, as you eat and drink your way around 10-12 unique tastings, on a three-hour trip among local restaurants. Follow your foodie guide along charming cobblestone streets lined with art galleries, antique shops, old churches and sidewalk cafes. Then whet your appetite for Canadian cuisine on a restaurant crawl that includes a total of 10-12 dish tastings presented by local chefs. The day’s menu might consist of Quebec favorites like foie gras, fresh salmon, matane shrimp or zucchini sauce vierge. You’ll delve into food traditions and trends while eating crispy parmesan arancini and bison tartare. Then satisfy your sweet tooth with creme brulee, honey nut bread and maple toffee. Each of the dishes you enjoy will be paired with an alcoholic beverage, so you can sip Domaine Pinnacle cider, white wine, Porto wine, Ile aux Coudres apple cider and other local liquors. You’ll head back to port with a full belly and better understanding of Quebec City’s vibrant gastronomic scene.
• Old Port: Get lost in Old World charm while walking past old churches, art galleries and antique shops.
• Canadian cuisine: With 10-12 different restaurant tastings you’ll savor everything from sauce vierge and matane shrimp to sweet maple toffee.
• Local sips: A selection of ciders, wine and liquors pair perfectly with each dish you taste throughout the day.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .9 miles over cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and about 72 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• This tour is not suitable for full-time wheelchair/motorized scooter users.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.