The natural desert landscapes, drilling industry, and sports legacy of Bahrain are revealed on a four-hour outing that includes the Mountain of Smoke, Dar al-Naft Oil Museum, and Bahrain International Circuit speedway. Relax in air-conditioned motor coach while driving into the expansive Arabian Desert. Behold the Mountain of Smoke, the country's highest elevation at 122 meters above sea level. Nearby stands the leafy green Tree of Life, as it's remained surrounded by arid desert for over 400 years. At a local equestrian center, you'll get up close with the Arabian camel, learning about its importance throughout the region's history. The discovery continues inside the Dar al-Naft Oil Museum, where photography exhibits detail Bahrain's booming oil industry. This is where "black gold" was first discovered in the Middle East, and you can view the first oil well ever built. On the return route back to port you'll enjoy a photo stop outside the Bahrain International Circuit, one of the Middle East's most famous Formula One race tracks.
• Mountain of Smoke: See the country's highest point and 400-year-old Tree of Life, plus snap photos with an Arabian camel.
• Dar al-Naft Oil Museum: Learn about the Middle East's oil industry in the spot where "black gold" was first discovered.
• Bahrain International Circuit: Stand before one of the world's premier Formula One auto racing tracks, admiring its ultramodern design.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Closed-toe shoes
• Conservative attire required
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .02 miles over gravel surfaces, with inclines and about 20 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests with allergies, asthma, or heart conditions should not select this tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Smoking is prohibited in public places.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• Guests older than 65 must be physically fit to participate.