Get close to one of Iceland’s many volcanoes. Hike to the top of the crater and then explore a lava tube that once sent boiling magma flowing to the earth’s surface. Then head down to marvel at the mouth of the cave. Your six-hour journey will leave you breathless in more ways than one—first with an exhilarating hike up and down, then with all breathtaking beauty you’ll take in all along the way. Enjoy a soup with Iclandic langoustine (differs from American lobsters) and fresh bread in a small fishing village, before heading back to the city.
• An active adventure: Spend the day hiking up and down one of the Reykjavik’s most stunning natural wonders.
• Fun fact: Iceland features hundreds of volcanoes around the country; about 30 of these volcanic systems are considered active.
• Breathtaking beauty: Iceland, with its lush countryside and vibrant night skies, is one of the most gorgeous places on Earth.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/walking shoes
• This is a super jeep tour that will drive on bumpy and gravel roads.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Weather is very unpredictable in Iceland. It is essential to wear warm and waterproof clothing and good walking/hiking shoes with a non-skid sole.
• This tour is ONLY for those who are physically active, as it is considered a strenuous tour.
• The hike up to the crater is not long but it has very loose gravel, and guests must take precaution when hiking.
• This tour is a 3 grade hike (5 being the most difficult).
• This is not a tour for guests who are claustrophobic; you may opt to stay at the vehicle during the caving experience.
• Guests must be able to step onto the large super Jeep without assistance.
• Tour sequence may vary.