Spend the day exploring one Iceland’s many volcanoes. Finish off your adventure bathing in the famous Blue Lagoon al fresco spa. Hike to the top of the crater and then explore a lava tube that once sent boiling magma flowing to the earth’s surface. Afterward, take a dip in the famous Blue Lagoon geothermal spa; it’s healing warm waters, with temperatures up to 102 °F, are rich in minerals such as silica and sulfur. Afterward, stop at a fishing village for some Icelandic langoustine (differs from American lobsters) soup and fresh-baked bread.
• Hike a volcano: Trek up and down the Eldbog crater.
• Fun fact: Iceland features hundreds of volcanoes; about 30 of these volcanic systems are considered active.
• Blue Lagoon: One of the most visited attractions in Iceland, this outdoor geothermal spa is located in a lava field.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Change of clothes
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• The weather in Iceland is very unpredictable. It is highly recommended to wear warm weather and waterproof clothing, as well as good walking/hiking shoes, with a non-slip sole.
• It is not permitted to wear swimsuits under clothing.
• Locker facilities at all Iceland’s pools and lagoons are gender-divided. Showers are communal.
• Due to hygienic purposes, it is required in Iceland to wash with soap and water without bathing suit, before entering the lagoon.
• Towels and one drink of choice are included.
• The lagoon’s minerals may stain jewelry.
• Shoes are not to be worn inside the locker/shower area and must be stored on assigned shoe shelves or in plastic bags and stored inside lockers.
• Digital wristbands will be provided so guests can store clothing and personal items inside lockers; lost wristbands will be charged by the Blue Lagoon. Blue Lagoon staff will demonstrate how to lock the lockers with the wristbands.
• Children under 2 years of age are not allowed in the water. The water is too hot and minerals too strong for their sensitive skin.
• This is a super jeep tour that will drive on bumpy and gravel roads.
• This tour is ONLY for those who are physically active, as it is considered a strenuous tour.
• The hike up to the crater is not long but it has very loose gravel, and guests must take precaution when hiking.
• This tour is a 3 grade hike (5 being the most difficult).
• This is not a tour for guests who are claustrophobic; you may opt to stay at the vehicle during the caving experience.
• Guests must be able to step onto the large super Jeep without assistance.
• Tour sequence may vary.