Spend the day discovering the Golden Circle, the “Big Three” of Iceland’s most treasured natural wonders: Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir hot springs and Thingvellir, featuring the crest of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge that separates the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates. Gullfoss is a spectacular double waterfall dropping 96 feet. Before a restaurant lunch, visit the hissing springs and bubbling pools of Geysir, where you may see boiling water shoot more than 200 feet in the air.
• Thingvellir: Parliament was first established in Thingvellir in 930 and remained there until 1798.
• Geysir: The English word geyser comes from Geysir, a word derived from the Icelandic verb geysa, which means “to gush.”
• Gullfoss: When it’s sunny, spray from this spectacular waterfall creates shimmering rainbows; the falls also glitter with ice in winter.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• The weather in Iceland is very unpredictable. It is highly recommended to wear warm weather and waterproof clothing, as well as appropriate footwear with a non-slip sole.