Discover some of the most spectacular natural wonders southern Iceland has on offer with a fully guided tour that packs in whitewater rafting, magnificent Gullfoss waterfall and geothermal spectacles in the volcanic Golden Circle region. Gear up with a wet suit, helmet and life vest then join experienced guides on a thrilling rafting adventure across Hvita river rapids through narrow Bruarhlod gorge and past towering rock pillars — you can even jump from a canyon cliff into cool river waters. Back at base camp, unwind with a hearty lunch and warm up in the sauna or hot tub. Then behold the power of thundering Gullfoss: Iceland’s most famous waterfall, gushing glacial waters some 104 feet into the Hvitargljufur gorge, is nothing short of breathtaking. Travel along the Golden Circle route to see the geothermal hot springs and geysers of the Haukadalur valley before entering Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO-listed rift valley located between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates.
• Hvita: Join a professional crew for an exhilarating rafting adventure down the Hvita river before enjoying lunch at base camp.
• Gullfoss: Stand before Iceland’s most impressive waterfall to witness its “golden” water powerfullysurge over two stages of cascades.
• Golden Circle: Explore the hot springs and geysers of the Haukadalur valley and the volcanic environment of Thingvellir National Park.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Change of clothing
• Towel (from ship)
• Bottled water
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Comfortable clothing
• Wool socks
• Guests must be able to walk over uneven gravel and wooden surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing. Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests must sign a waiver form to participate in this tour.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Wet suit, helmet, life vest and all equipment for river rafting included.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate. The drive between port and the river is approximately 90 minutes. The return drive is approximately 45 minutes. Tour sequence may vary.
• Guests must bring warm clothing for this tour, which includes wool/fleece, wool socks and water/weatherproof jacket. It is also recommended to bring an extra pair of clothing.
• Guests must bring a bathing suit and towel for the sauna