Experience the spectacular natural wonders of Iceland's Golden Circle region on an accessible small group tour that takes you from Thingvellir National Park and the Kerid volcanic crater to Strokkur geyser and mighty Gullfoss waterfall. Led by your local tour guide, you will enjoy a drive through the southern uplands to Thingvellir National Park. Stroll along accessible paths, learning the bloody history and geological background of a UNESCO World Heritage Site situated in a rift valley between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. Prepare to be awed as you witness the active Strokkur geyser spout boiling water from underground straight up some 65 feet into the sky. Glimpse the surrounding Haukadalur Valley's fumaroles and mud pits before enjoying free time for lunch in a nearby roadside café. Next, your tour continues to the largest-volume waterfall in Europe, Gullfoss. You will experience this wonder of nature from an accessible viewing platform, as its roaring cascades fall in two stages 105 feet below into a canyon of the Hvita River. This is Icelandic nature at its most divine.
During the final stop of the day, you will see the milky waters and steep red-rock slopes of Kerid, a 3,000-year-old volcanic crater located in the Western Volcanic Zone.
This tour is designed to be accessible for all, using step-free routes, shorter distances, accessible bathrooms and vehicles equipped with a ramp or lift for easy wheelchair access.
• Golden Circle: Explore the geology of Thingvellir National Park and the volcanic origins of Kerid crater by wheelchair-accessible van.
• Strokkur: Witness boiling water spurt from this active geyser, plus enjoy free time for lunch in the Haukadalur Valley.
• Gullfoss: Experiencing the awe-inspiring sights and thundering sounds of one of Europe's largest waterfalls is nothing short of breathtaking.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Wheelchair users must be able to self-propel or have a companion to push them.
• The price includes vehicle, tour guide, and entrance tickets.
• As the number of accessible vehicles is extremely limited, guests are encouraged to reserve early. A minimum is required for the tour to operate.
• Guests wishing to utilize a wheelchair (manual or electric) on this excursion must provide the total dimensions (weight, height, length and width) of the mobility equipment at the time of booking by sending an email to email@example.com
• Guests should not exceed maximum weight (guest and wheelchair combined) of 881 pounds, width of 31 inches, length of 55 inches and height of 69 inches.