Ready to reserve this excursion?
Paddle your way through Croatia’s scenic waterways to view unspoiled, natural landscapes during your canoe safari on the Zrmanja and Krupa rivers. After a one-hour scenic drive, you’ll arrive in Kastel Zegarski. As you ride into the city, you will notice how the village is situated in a beautiful well-preserved natural setting, and it is rich with history. Kastel Zegarski was formerly controlled by the Republic of Serbian Krajina, the Serbian separatist movement and, it contains buildings ruined during the war. Upon your arrival at the canoe launch site, you’ll be equipped with a helmet, waterproof suit and shoes, paddle and life jackets. Your guide will also provide some safety instructions before you proceed into the water. Once you maneuver your boat into the river, you’ll notice the magnificent landscape filled with canyons and forests. The clear warm water may shimmer a shade of emerald or aquamarine. An abundance of beautiful plant life line your route as well as the steep sided canyons with flocks of birds nestled along the edges and among the trees. Ride down the easy bubbling rapids, and see the travertine waterfalls. Your guide will point out natural, cultural, and historic as well as folkloric landmarks while en-route. Your tour stops for a picnic-style lunch. Afterwards, plunge into the rivers’ hidden pools for a refreshing swim.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
• Canoeing Zrmanja River: See natural, cultural and folkloric landmarks along a scenic route that includes amazing views of waterfalls and canyons.
• Picnic Lunch: Delight in a delicious lunch along the countryside and magnificent views
• Swimming: Plunge into the rivers hidden pools for a refreshing swim in the beautiful waters.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
• Bottled Water
• Change of Clothes
• Towel from ship
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Weather appropriate clothing
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Guests need to be active and physically able to enter and exit rafts.
• Guests receive helmets, waterproof suit and shoes, paddle and life jackets.
• Guests must be at least 9 years old to participate.
• Guests over 65 years old may not participate.
• Maximum weight is 240.
• According to Croatian Law all the guests must remain seated while the bus is moving.
• Rubber River Raft for up to 3 guests.
• Guests will spend almost 4 hours paddling.
• Type of paddling is strenuous and activity depends on time of year and water level. Guests will need to walk one part of the river, which is too strenuous.
• Guests walk 0.2 miles over gravel paths and hiking trails.
• Guests cannot buy additional drinks at the restaurant.
• Guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests with mobility issues should not select this tour. Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, pre-existing neck, back, knee or shoulder injuries, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Avoid alcohol before water activities.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests must be of legal age in order to drink alcohol.