This triple-threat combination tour offers the chance for up-close encounters with wild Alaskan animals while on a scenic catamaran cruise, interpretive tour of the Alaskan Raptor Center, and viewing platform experience at the Fortress of the Bear facility. The day begins with a three-hour boat ride through Sitka Sound, as you enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages onboard and hear about the local ecosystem from a naturalist guide. Whales, sea otters, Stellar sea lions, porpoise and harbor seals call these waters home ? and wildlife sightings are guaranteed! At the Alaska Raptor Center, you?ll be led through medical facilities where injured birds of prey are rehabilitated before being released back into the wild. To round out the day, at the Fortress of the Bear rescue operation, you?ll enjoy a 30-minute introduction into the life of the Alaskan brown bear while viewing several bears from a raised observation platform . This dynamic adventure brings to life an abundance of wildlife native to the rugged Alaskan wilderness.
• Sitka Sound: Join a catamaran cruise quest to spot whales, sea otters, Stellar sea lions, porpoise and harbor seals.
• Alaska Raptor Center: Watch bird-on-glove demonstrations and meet rehabilitated birds of prey that will soon be released to the wild.
• Fortress of the Bear: From a covered observation platform, experience an up-close encounter with orphaned brown bears.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 260 yards over gravel surfaces and 6 steps to embark/disembark transportation, with non-lifting assistance only.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Day-use binoculars and a souvenir wildlife guide & map are provided, along with complimentary snacks and beverages.
• Private tours available by request, depending on vessel availability.
• The sightseeing cruise portion is approximately 3 hours.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• Participants must be able to negotiate 3-4 steps to board and disembark tour vessel and buses.