Discover the adventures of Scuba Diving at Old San Juan's Escambron Marine Park on a special tour geared for first-time divers. Prepare to dive as a trained instructor teaches you how to breathe from a regulator, clear your ears and communicate underwater. After practicing in a protected cove, swim through schools of colorful fish.
• Escambron Marine Park: Get basic diving instructions, then practice in this protected cove with calm waters.
• Underwater Exploration: Watch schools of colorful fish including blue tangs, damselfish, yellowtail snappers and sergeant majors swim through rocks and corals in this protected bay.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Lightweight clothing
• Comfortable shoes
• Towel (from ship)
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, pre-existing neck, back, knee or shoulder injuries, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• A PADI medical questionnaire must be completed at booking, before arriving in port.
• A signed letter of authorization from a medical doctor to dive will be needed if any part of the waiver form is completed with a yes.
• Participants on prescription medication cannot dive without a written pre-clearance from a doctor with hyperbaric training.
• Pre-clearance must be presented before diving can be approved. • Strict medical restrictions apply and participation is subject to satisfactory completion of a medical questionnaire.
• Guests who cancel onsite, who do not complete the excursion at their own discretion, or who are turned away on site due to medical restrictions will not be refunded.