Get in touch with nature and gold rush folklore on a Chilkoot Trail adventure. Join a knowledgeable guide to hike the first 2 miles of the trail, which was a main route for those who sought their fortunes in the Klondike gold fields. When the lush rainforest trail reaches the banks of the Taiya River, board a raft for a leisurely float to a tidal estuary at the head of a vast and scenic fjord.
• The Chilkoot Trail: The centerpiece of gold rush history and the main route to Klondike's riches.
• Taiya River: Float on an 18-foot raft to a tidal estuary, where the rainforest gives way to wildflowers.
• Knowledgeable Guide: During the journey, enjoy an entertaining mixture of natural history information and Klondike folklore.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• This trip has no white water.
• Enjoy a riverside snack before heading back to your ship.
• The trail is moderately steep and rugged in places so guests must be willing and able to hike about 2 miles over uneven terrain with an elevation gain and descent of 350 feet.
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
• Guests should consider their physical fitness level and medical history when considering this tour.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition should take particular caution when selecting a tour.
• Guests who have health concerns should consult their doctor before engaging in any strenuous activity.
• Guests must be at least 7 years old, weigh 50 to 350 pounds, and not be beyond 20 weeks pregnant.