Discover St. Lucia's natural riches and French heritage at the historic Diamond Estate in Soufriere, home of the majestic Pitons, a UNESCO World-heritage site. Stroll the botanical gardens lush with foliage, flowers and fruit trees and admire the spectacular multicolor waterfall. Soak in pools of hot spring waters that have been soothing sore muscles for centuries.
• Scenic Drive: Travel along the winding road that hugs St. Lucia's west coast, with a stop in a quaint fishing village.
• Diamond Estate: Enjoy a guided tour of the botanical gardens and waterfall.
• Mineral Pools: Soak in the hot-springs waters that fill pools built in 1784 for French colonial troops.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Camera Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
• Swimsuit (optional)
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Casual, lightweight clothing
• Rubber-soled shoes or sandals; no flip flops
• Hat and sunglasses
• The garden has concrete walkways and gravel paths on relatively even ground.
• There are a few steps to and inside the pools and gravel path to see the waterfall.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, pre-existing neck, back, knee or shoulder injuries, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems and/or heart/respiratory conditions should not select this tour.
• Children under the age of eight, pregnant women and guest with severe overweight and medical conditions are not permitted to participate in bathing at the mineral pools.
• Drinks and snacks are available for purchase at the gardens.
• Guests are required to sign an insurance disclaimer prior to the tour.
• Travel to Soufriere takes approximately 90 minutes and traverses winding and bumpy roads. Guests suffering from motion sickness should take adequate precautions.