Enjoy a two-hour tour duration with 45 minutes of a guided snorkeling adventure at Eco Snorkel Park that lets you explore an underwater coral reef nursery and learn about the conservation efforts of the St. Maarten Nature Foundation. A team of certified snorkel guides will deliver a brief presentation about the park's underwater habitat and instructions on how to use your snorkel gear, plus a fish identification card that details which fish species you'll encounter during your trip. Gear up with a complimentary mask, snorkel, fins and safety vest and then make your way into the shallow waters right off the shore dock. In waters up to 15 feet deep, you'll follow your guide around a collection of coral reef-balls located on the ocean floor. While viewing a vibrant array of reef fish fluttering around various types of hard and soft coral, your guide will explain the mission of the St. Maarten Nature Foundation, which is to promote the regeneration and repopulation of coral among the island's fringe reefs. Back ashore you'll have time to purchase souvenirs and drinks onsite before walking on foot back to your ship.
• Eco Snorkel Park: Follow a certified instructor on a snorkel trip among the shallow waters off this eco-park, with all equipment included.
• Coral Reef Nursery: Identify tropical fish swimming around you and learn about the efforts to protect and repopulate local reefs.
• St. Maarten Nature Foundation: A portion of your tour ticket price will be donated to support this environmentally focused program.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Waterproof camera
• Cash/credit cards
• Biodegradable sun protection
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .5 miles over flat surfaces, with inclines and about 1,082 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Guests must have basic swimming skills.
• In some cases facial hair can impede the seal on the mouth piece and water may enter.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests must sign a waiver form to participate.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion. Lockers are available, $3.00 each, payable on site.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.