Delight in the culinary and cultural treasures of Santorini on this exclusive journey to ancient Akrotiri, a local winery, Oia village. Departing the tender pier head to the Akrotiri Excavations site. Tour the Minoan - Era town replete with cobblestone streets and peer into some of the houses and shops some two or three stories high. Rejoin your coach and enjoy a scenic drive to a local winery to taste the local production paired with mezes and tour the underground cellars. Afterwards, continue to the traditional Village of Oia, perched atop a craggy cliff at the northern most point of the island. The charm of this lovely traditional and somewhat removed village lies in its narrow, twisting cobblestone alleyways and steps, pointing out the brilliant white stone buildings that create a maze of fine shops, cafes and domed churches. Walking through the village, you can enjoy the panoramic views and admire the Cycladic architecture for which the town is well known. Then, meet the guide and walk to the restaurant and savor a selection of local favorites.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Akrotiri Excavation: Visit the Bronze Age town of Akrotiti buried within the pumice of the Volcanic Eruption of 1450 BC.
• Visit Venetsanos winery - the oldest winery on the island and sample three types of wine.
• Oia: Stroll in the cobblestone streets of Village of Oia and enjoy a tasteful lunch in a neighborhood restaurant.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles over varying terrain, inclines and 20 to 30 steps.
• Expect to wait in line at the cable car station.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.