This 2.5-hour getaway will have you cruising by boat across the picturesque Gandsfjord to the island of Sor-Hidle, where you'll take a guided tour and enjoy free time among the colorful Flor & Fjaere gardens. Feel the wind whip across your face while gliding by boat across the deep-blue waters of the eight-mile-long Gandsfjord. Admire the waterside view of Stavanger before docking in the harbor of Sor-Hidle, a tiny isle situated among a large archipelago dappled off the city's coastline. A local garden guide will lead a narrated walk around Flor & Fjaere, a family-owned tropical garden that is planted and redesigned each year after the winter season. Walk stone pathways lined with exotic plants and colorful flowers, as aromatic roses, brightly-hued tulips, prickly cacti, and tall palm trees catch your eye. Find serenity beside ponds filled with lily pads and koi fish, as waterfalls gently trickle in the background. You'll have a bit of free time to wander as you wish, finding tranquility among the garden and sandy waterfront area — or opt to savor a chef-prepared meal at the onsite restaurant, where the menu features local seasonal ingredients and fresh Norwegian seafood.
• Gandsfjord: Admire panoramic views of the fjord's mountain surroundings and offshore islands while sailing across icy blue waters.
• Sor-Hidle: Your captain will tie up the boat in the harbor of a small island situated northeast of Stavanger.
• Flor & Fjaere: Take a guided tropical garden walk, plus enjoy free time to explore and lunch at your leisure.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Jacket or sweater
• Guests must be able to walk over gravel surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Tour duration may be up to 3.5 hours due to exact vessel availability.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• This tour is accessible to guests with limited mobility; however, guests must be able to climb into the coach and take a few, small steps on their own.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Tour sequence may vary.