This 4.5-hour adventure comes jampacked with outdoor adventure, as you enjoy a scenic coach drive along Frafjorden and then endure a 30-minute hike to the top of Manafossen waterfall, which rewards with spectacular natural scenery. Take a seat in an air-conditioned motor coach and catch a passing glimpse of Frafjorden, a 3.7-mile-long inlet with vertical cliffsides that are mostly uninhabited until you reach the village of Frafjord. Here is where you'll hop off and head out on a guided hike along an 820-foot-long trail up steep mountainsides skirting the river Manaana. Climb natural staircases in an isolated area of forest along a marked path that leads you to the face of Manafossen, a gushing waterfall plunging 300 feet of cascades. Admire the summit view of the surrounding rugged landscape before making the trek down through the valley Fidjadalen. Catch your breath and rest your feet on the return bus ride, which brings you back to the harbor in Stavanger.
• Frafjorden: Admire a breathtaking expanse of craggy peaks, cliffs and alpine waters while traveling by coach along the fjord's edge.
• Manafossen: Feel the pulse-pounding rush of hiking uphill along forested trails to the top of this powerful waterfall.
• Stavanger: Experience Norway's great outdoors with the ease and convenience of roundtrip coach transfers to and from the pier.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 820 feet (30 minutes) over uneven, natural surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Tour operates in all weather conditions. Appropriate weather gear recommended.
• The drive between pier and waterfall is approximately 90 minutes each way.
• Tour sequence may vary.