Explore the stunning, rugged landscape surrounding Santa Cruz de la Palma on a half-day guided convoy. In 2002 UNESCO declared the whole island of La Palma a World Biosphere Reserve, and here’s your chance to discover part of this natural treasure via 4x4 coach. Begin toward the hills of Las Breñas, crossing through thick vegetation and over Cumbre Nueva, the main mountain range of the island. During your tour, you’ll make stops at several panoramic viewpoints, perfect places to behold verdant valleys, volcanic craters and more. This includes the view of view of Caldera de Taburiente, a National Park created in 1954 featuring one of the biggest craters in the world. Continue toward Fuencaliente, getting closer to volcanic areas including a remarkable lava river. Crossing a large area of Canary Island pine, settle in for a picnic snack featuring traditional foods, followed by stops at overlooks at San Antonio and Teneguia volcanoes.
• 4x4 Adventure: Explore the stunning, rugged landscape surrounding Santa Cruz de la Palma on a half-day guided convoy.
• Several scenic stops: Pause along the way to behold verdant valleys, volcanic craters, a remarkable lava river and more.
• Picnic snack: Enjoy delicious typical local appetizers such as wrinkled potatoes, Serrano Ham and Canarian chicharrones (macaroons), served with wine.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
- Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
- Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour particularly tours categorized as strenuous.
- Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests should be able to get on and off the 4x4 bus (5 high steps).
• Drive includes off-road terrain.
• The picnic will be held at a restaurant during inclement weather.
• Guest must be of legal age to consume alcohol.