Enjoy a walking tour of Tallinn's historic Upper and Lower Old Town, the best way to get acquainted with this beautifully-preserved medieval town. During your walking tour, you will visit the grandiose Russian Orthodox Church of St. Alexander Nevsky with its vibrant paintings and icons, plus the 13th century St. Mary's Cathedral (Dome Church) with its tombs and coats of arms. Stroll the cobblestone alleyways of the Lower Old Town and see Gothic-style Town Hall, as well as the clock on the wall of the Church of the Holy Ghost – the most photographed object in the Old Town. You may stay in town at the end of the tour to explore and shop on your own. Interior visit of the St. Mary's Cathedral will not be possible during religious events and holidays due to regularly scheduled church services.
• Alexander Nevsky Cathedral: Admire the onion domes and rich interior of this orthodox structure, filled with extravagant icons and mosaics.
• St. Mary's Cathedral: Examine the magnificent organ loft, sculpture, paintings, and historic grave monuments inside this 13th century Cathedral.
• Tallinn Walk: Follow your guide through Old Town, ending with optional free time, arranging your own return transportation.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately two miles over uneven surfaces and cobblestone streets, with approximately 90 steps and several inclines.
• No exposed shoulders or knees in churches.
• Photography inside cathedrals and churches is permitted only without the use of flash.
• No video recording permitted inside cathedrals and churches.
• St. Mary's Cathedral (Dome Church) is closed to tours on Sundays and during religious events and holidays; exterior views only.
• At cathedrals, guides give commentary outside; guests then enter quietly on their own.
• Stores may be closed or have limited hours on Sundays and holidays.
• Tour operates in all weather conditions.
• Guests may opt to stay in town at end of tour, arranging their own transportation back to ship. Tour sequence may vary.