Experience the historic landmarks of Tallinn during your unique, Soviet-style sightseeing excursion. Your tour leader will demonstrate how foreign tourists were once welcomed in USSR. Line up and undergo a passport examination, with friendly “interrogation” by your milita guide. Next, climb aboard a one-of-a-kind Soviet style bus with authentic Soviet propaganda. Your tour stops at a jail where your guide shares the Story of (Soviet) Estonia. As you ride through its capital, Tallinn, you’ll notice a blend of the old with the new. Tallinn is considered to have the most authentic Hanseatic architecture in the world. Its Old Town has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage list in 1997. It has maintained its 11th century cobblestoned streets, and it features other structures from bygone eras like merchant houses, taverns, and remnants of the city’s wall. Tallinn also has all the comforts of the modern world. It’s business center bustles with activity and features steel skyscrapers, cozy cafés and lively restaurants and bars. The culture is further preserved in its museums and galleries. You’ll be able to enjoy some vodka shots with pickles during your tour and learn festive Soviet songs. Your tour concludes either in old town or on the pier.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Soviet-style bus: Climb aboard a one-of-a-kind Soviet style bus with authentic Soviet propaganda.
• Tallinn: Visit a town with the most authentic Hanseatic architecture in the world.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Bottled Water
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests with mobility issues should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Minimum age for participation is 16 years due to the specific humor and nature of this tour.