Feel like a local when you visit Tallinn's charming and medieval Old Town. This well preserved area offers opportunities to capture photos of an enchanting and romantic piece of living history. It's full of galleries, cafes and restaurants. Tallinn became a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site in 1997, and your tour will take you to its city center where you will step out onto its original cobbled stone streets. You'll walk through Lower Old Town streets lined with medieval churches and merchant houses, barns and warehouses. The square includes a Gothic town hall, museums and concert halls. When you look up at the Town Hall Tower you will see a weather vane in the shape of the town's historic guard, Old Thomas. You may have a chance to purchase authentic wool handicrafts as souvenirs. Next, hop on a train for a 15-minute ride to Nõmme, a green 19th century suburb. You'll stroll to the enchanting local market, which has been the town's main shopping hub for more than 100 years. While here, you can enjoy free time getting fresh food from local producers. Afterwards, relax and take in the mesmerizing atmosphere during a coffee break. Then catch a train back to the city center and get a shuttle transfer back to the port.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Local market: Shop for unique gifts like wool handicrafts at the markets and enjoy fresh foods from local producers.
• Train ride: Enjoy a scenic train ride to Nõmme.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests do not have guaranteed seats on train and may need to stand.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.