Explore the medieval town of Tallinn from two perspectives: Enjoy a sightseeing bus drive past Soviet style apartment blocks and picturesque private homes, followed by a guided walking tour of the historic Old Town’s impressive cathedrals. Your half-day outing in Estonia’s capital city begins with a narrated coach ride. Along the way you’ll also see the prestigious Song Festival Grounds, Soviet-era apartments, and private houses. Then hop off and head out on foot alongside a local guide who leads you along the narrow cobblestone streets of Old Town. Admire the onion-shaped architecture of Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, a Russian Orthodox worship space dating back to 1900. Step inside to see its mosaics and Tallinn’s largest church bell. Then stroll over to the 13th-century St. Mary’s Cathedral, the town’s oldest church. After walking to a nearby lookout point over Lower Town, you’ll enjoy a few minutes to pick up local souvenirs before returning by coach to the pier.
• Tallinn: Enjoy a narrated bus ride past Soviet-era buildings, Kadriorg Park, and the Song Festival Grounds of Estonia’s capital city.
• Old Town: Join a guide for a walking tour of the historic district’s Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and St. Mary’s Cathedral.
• Shopping: Relish sweeping views of Lower Town from a hilltop overlook plus a bit of browsing local stores for souvenirs.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Layered clothing
• Walking shoes
• Conservative attire required
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.2 miles over uneven cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and about 30 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Shops may be closed on public holidays, including June 23, June 24 and August 20.
• During services or special events on Sundays at the Dome Church, entrance is not permitted, guides give an outside explanation.
• Interior visit to cathedrals will be without guide.
• No flash photography inside cathedrals.
• Respectful attire is required inside religious sites.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Time permitting, guests can opt to stay in town and return at their leisure with one-way shuttle bus ticket (extra cost applies).
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• Tour sequence may vary.