Trace the 2600-year transformation of Marseille, from ancient Phocean Massalia to present day "gateway to the east", with a guided tour of its elegant seaside and historical port. Begin with a comfortable one hour ride into Marseille. Visit the landmark Notre Dame de la Garde Basilica, ride along the stunning Kennedy Corniche Road and step out at Vieux Port for a captivating stroll along the old harbor.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Notre Dame de la Garde Basilica: Visit the sprawling church, with its iconic golden statue atop the bell tower.
• Kennedy Corniche Road: Enjoy a ride along this ritzy roadway that serves up splendid architecture and breathtaking views.
• Vieux Port: Visit the heart of the city and relish magnificent views of Marseille's historical and maritime landmarks.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Access to Notre Dame de la Garde Basilica involves approximately 200 steps; use of an inside lift sometimes available.
• Public restrooms available only at basilica.
• Expect traffic congestion in some Marseilles venues due to ongoing reconstruction.
• Shops closed Sundays and bank holidays.
• If time permits, there will be free time for shopping before your return to the pier.
• In preparation of religous holiday festivities on August 15th, there will be very limited access to the interior of the basilica on August 13 & August 14. On the affected calls, the tour will visit the crypt and the outside of the basilica.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.