Before heading to the airport for an evening flight, immerse yourself in British Columbia’s rugged, mountainous splendor. This unforgettable tour takes you from Vancouver to the natural and historic attractions along the Sea to Sky Highway. You’ll visit Shannon Falls, one of the region’s tallest waterfalls, plus behold sweeping views of Howe Sound and coastal forest on the Sea to Sky Gondola. At the top, enjoy a variety of outdoor activities or simply relax and soak up the views from Summit Lodge. Your adventure begins with a scenic drive north of Vancouver along the Sea to Sky Highway, named for its dramatic change from a coastal highway at sea level to quickly being a full-on mountain highway with an elevation of nearly 2,300 feet (700-plus meters). At Shannon Falls, take a walk through the forest to a lookout deck, where you’ll feel the spray of the gushing waters falling over the cliffs. After, ride up 2,900 feet (885 meters) above sea level on the Sea to Sky Gondola, marveling at the spectacular view everywhere you look. At the summit, you’ll have some time to explore. Choose from a wide array of activities: Take on walking trails with cantilevered viewing platforms, cross the jaw-dropping, 328-foot-long (100-meter) Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge, challenge yourself on numerous hiking trails or put your rock-climbing skills to the test. Or, choose to simply admire the stunning panoramic views from a lodge, where delicious meals and snacks and beverages made from fresh, local ingredients are available for purchase.
• Sea to Sky Highway: Venture 36 miles along this spectacular winding road that is coastal highway that quickly changes to a mountain highway nearly 2,300 feet above sea level.
• Shannon Falls: Feel the spray from British Columbia’s third-largest waterfall.
• Sea to Sky Gondola: Behold the staggering beauty around you as you make the 2,900-foot ascent; enjoy a variety of outdoor activities at the summit.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• This tour available only to guests with flights departing Vancouver after 5:00 pm (domestic) or 6:00pm (international) on the last day of the cruise.
• Guests will be contacted by onboard Shore Excursions staff regarding departing flight information. For more information, please contact the Shore Excursions Desk onboard the ship.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.