Delight in the charms of Malta while on a four-hour, accessible, small group excursion that lets you discover the Grandmaster's Palace, enjoy an interior visit to St. John's Co-Cathedral, and explore the "silent" streets of Mdina.
On this tour, you'll travel between the different sites in a comfortable, accessible sightseeing van. Your fist stop of the day will be the incredible Grandmaster's Palace, where the rulers of Malta have lived since the 1500s. Escorted by your tour guide, you'll be viewing a collection of frescoes, cannons, swords and some 5,000 suits of armor inside this incredible structure. Next, you'll admire the austere façade of St. John's Co-Cathedral before entering to explore the interior decked out in ornate Maltese limestone detailing and a huge painting by Italian artist Caravaggio. See the balcony where newly-elected grandmasters were announced and marble floors under which more than 300 knights are buried. The last part of your day will include a scenic drive to the peaceful hilltop setting of Mdina, home to Malta's noble families and a history dating back 4,000 years. Stroll down the narrow, charming paths and hidden corners lined with majestic palaces, learning how this town earned its nickname "The Silent City".
• Grandmaster's Palace: Enjoy a step-free, accessible tour of the incredible stately royal residence.
• St. John's Co-Cathedral: Be awed by the high Baroque architecture, carved stone walls, and impressive paintings of this worship space.
• Mdina: Trace the centuries-old history of this ancient walled town and learn why it's called The Silent City.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Covered knees for entering the Cathedral
• This tour is designed to be accessible for all guests.
• This tour is designed to use the most wheelchair accessible routes possible. This includes step-free routes, shorter distances and no stairs.
• Accessible restrooms with wide doors for wheelchairs are present along the tour route.
• The vehicle used on this excursion is adapted with an access ramp (or lift where available) to accommodate a limited number of wheelchairs and/or mobility scooters.
• Guides are not allowed to push wheelchairs. Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Lunch/snack costs are not included.
• The number of accessible vehicles is extremely limited. Guests are encouraged to make their accessible shore excursion reservations as far in advance as possible.
• Guests wishing to utilize a wheelchair (manual or electric) on this excursion must provide the total dimensions (height, length and width) and weight of the electric scooter or wheelchair at the time of booking to firstname.lastname@example.org.