Take the opportunity to tour Rome & its most famous highlights on the "Ape Calessino" symbol of Made in Italy transportation. Conceived as an evolution of the Ape, the little commercial vehicle launched in 1948, which got Italian transportation and small businesses on the move again after the Second World War, the Ape Calessino soon became an icon of Italian style. Following your journey into the Eternal city, your escort will lead you to St. Peter's Square and after setting the designated final meeting point will accompany you to the Ape Tour Starting point. On board of your "Ape Calessino" you will pass by the most interesting and significant monuments that the Eternal City has to offer. Besides the Ancient Rome of the Imperial Forum, the Coliseum, the Arch of Constantine and the Circus Maximus, you will enjoy also the Capitoline skyline from the Gianicolo hill and reach the Piazza of the Knights of Malta, where you will browse through the famous ?hole of Rome?, Castel Sant?Angelo and Saint Peter?s in the Vatican which are only some of the numerous places that you will visit. An Actual Grand Tour of Rome and of its major monuments. At the end of the "Ape Calessino" tour you will have some free time (approx 2 hrs.) at disposal at St. Peter's Square before meeting again your tour escort at the designated final meeting point to rejoin the coach for the drive back to the pier.
• Ape Calessino: Launched in 1948 to help with post-WWII reconstruction, the little vehicle is now an icon of Italian style.
• Explore Rome: See the Forum, Coliseum, Arch of Constantine, Tiber Island, Castel Sant?Angelo, panoramic Gianicolo Hill and so much more.
• St. Peter?s Basilica: Enjoy time on your own to explore the lavish interior, with marble, reliefs, architectural sculpture and gilding.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• The drive between Civitavecchia and Rome is approximately 1 1/2 hours each way, subject to traffic conditions.
Guests will join the same coach of" CVP7 Passage to Rome", once in Rome they will proceed for this unique experience.
The duration of the Ape tour is approx. 2 1/2 hrs.
• Each Ape Calessino accommodates 3 Guests, and the number of Ape Calessino will be allocated according to the number of Guests participating on this tour, therefore Companions might get separated during the Ape Calessino ride.
This tour is not suggested for guests with walking difficulties or those using a wheelchair.
Lunch is not included in the tour.
• The tour order may vary due to traffic & local conditions.
Please be aware that ongoing restoration work is often being carried out at the various venues visited.
• Guests wishing to visit St. Peter's Basilica must be aware that proper attire that covers shoulders and legs must be worn by both men and women in St. Peter's Basilica - mini-skirts, shorts and capri pants are not acceptable. In addition visitors are often required to check large bags, video cameras and bottled water at a desk.
Guests are advised that long queues to enter St. Peter?s Basilica are to be expected.
• Should a mass or a special event be taking place in St. Peter's Basilica, your entrance may be restricted. Depending upon the number of people in the Basilica, it may be closed for security reasons without previous notice.
• Due to the recent events, please note that more accurate security controls should be expected at the various sites visited.
Should the designed motor coach drop off / pick up point for St. Peters Basilica be congested or unavailable, an alternative drop off / pick up point location will be used. Please note that an additional walking portion of 0,6 miles from / to the alternative location should be considered.
• These safety precautions are beyond the control of the local tour operator or Royal Caribbean.
There is usually a long line to enter the Colosseum and a ticket is required (ticket for the Colosseum is not included) There is a safety restriction at the Colosseum and a limit of 3000 visitors who can visit it at once, if this limit is reached the access will be denied until safety conditions will be guaranteed again.
• For security reasons it is strictly forbidden to enter the Colosseum & Roman Forum with backpacks, suitcases, trolleys and large bags /objects. Please be aware that lockers are NOT available at the above mentioned sites.
During the Summer Season the shops will close on Saturday afternoon while during Spring and Autumn shops stay open on Saturday afternoon and close on Monday morning. Hours of operation vary by shop.
• On Sundays and public holidays the majority of the shops will be closed ? only souvenir shops will be open.
Please pay careful attention to the pick-up point and time.
• Should you miss the return coach, transportation back to the vessel will be your responsibility and at your own expense.
The order of the tour may be reversed or altered depending on traffic or local conditions.