Get a taste of the area on a Hop and Taste bus tour following a route to the best sites in the area. Spend five hours visiting coastal towns at your leisure, including Izola, Piran, Portoroz and Koper. Plus receive coupons valid at local eateries at every stop to try some traditional delicacies and mingle with the locals.
Izola is known for its fishermen heritage, wonderful seaside perfect for strolling, streets filled with small workshops and an overall pleasant, lively vibe. Piran is the pearl of the Adriatic, with its Venetian architecture and rich cultural past. Explore the maritime museum or visit St. George’s Cathedral for one of the best panoramic views in Slovenia. At the seaside resort of Portoroz, with its large sandy beach and a promenade, take some time for shopping or a coffee at the luxurious Hotel Kempinski Palace. Your last stop is Koper, where you’re just a quick walk back to the ship. But if you can, be sure to see the ornate, 15th-century Praetorian Palace, as well as climb the 200 steps up the 118-foot bell tower at the Cathedral of the Assumption.
• Hop and Taste tour: Hop on and off a bus at multiple destinations, sampling culinary delights at each stop.
• Visit coastal towns: See Izola, Piran, Portoroz and Koper, each with its own unique heritage, architecture and local flavors.
• Go at your own pace: Spend five hours seeing as much or as little as you like before heading back.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash (local currency)/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Tour is wheelchair accessible.
• Guests receive a timetable with all the departures and are free to hop on and off at each destination; timing is up to guests.